Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Emergencies

If you've ever been at my house, you know I keep a laminated (of course) sheet on my refrigerator for emergencies. It's mainly for the kids in case something happens to me, but it also has pertinent info for a babysitter on the rare occasion I get one.

I go over this sheet with the kids every so often (which thoroughly insures we'll not need it, by the way) so that they know what to do in an emergency (who to call, where to go, etc) and also gives me the opportunity to discuss with them what constitutes an emergency.

What R learned out of today's lesson in her words:

"mommy falling down the stairs and looking like she's asleep and you can't wake her up is an emergency"

"trying to wake mommy up early in the morning because we want candy and her refusing to get up is NOT an emergency"

No comments: