Popular Posts

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

One Month Ago

One month ago, packers came to our house in San Diego to start packing up our house. It's been one month and we're still homeless :-).

We left California on October 4th and started our Movacation (that's a vacation during our move, by the way).

We saw the Grand Canyon which was just breathtaking. I will totally go back there when I'm not afraid of kids falling in it!


Rebekah is there, she's hidden in the shadow of the person taking the picture for us.

I love this picture, because it looks like Jerry was Photoshopped in!




Next we went to The Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, AZ. It wasn't nearly as exciting as it could have been. If I'd scheduled us as a Field Trip, or we came during one of the night tours, we would have gotten to look through some of the telescopes. The kids enjoyed it, though.





After that, we were just making our way east for a few days. We ate lunch at Blake's Lotaburger in Tucumcari, NM (great burger, really!) which was fun.



Then the part the boys, big and little, were waiting for for weeks: The Football Hall of Fame in Canton, OH. They were in heaven, I tell ya.




The picture of the ring is a hologram. We had fun trying to put our finger in it. It looked real, and as if we could :-)








We left there and made our way to Hershey, PA, and all its chocolately goodness!













It was so hard to leave :-(




Before we got all the way to Connecticut, we stopped in NJ to visit our friend Leslie. She was in town from San Diego visiting family. It was so great to see her again, even if it had only been a few days since I'd seen her last. :-).





All told, we drove 3500 miles and it took us 9 days.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Excellent blog sweetie, it looks like I wore the same shirt all the way across the nation.