I think the hunt is over!
At some point in this blog, I may have mentioned a tiny little local church that we found when we first got here that we didn't want to try for various reasons. One was that they were very small. Two, according to their website they didn't have the programs for kids on Wednesday nights we were looking for. It didn't look like the program for boys (Royal Rangers) was running at all, and the program for girls (Missionettes) didn't begin until age 10.
After trying several churches that were a *drive*, Jerry told me that he wanted to try this church. I didn't really want to, but I agreed. I mean, it's getting down to crunch time here. Jerry will be leaving on a deployment in the not too distant future and I need for us to be plugged in somewhere! The plus sides to a local church is that the friends I cultivate will be LOCAL.
Anyway, we tried the church. And I do believe that after 3 Sunday services and 1 Wednesday service we are going to call this church home. Turns out, their website hasn't been updated in about 2 years. They DO have Missionettes for the younger ones (Rainbows and Prims) and the Royal Rangers program for the boys just started back up after a long break. The Pastors on the website are not the pastors anymore, even! The new Pastor and his wife are our age, and have four kids that are about the same ages as ours. There are a few other military families, and I believe a few homeschooling families as well.
This is the first place I've really felt comfortable since we left our church in CA, and the first Sunday service here was the first time Luke didn't cry in the Nursery since leaving CA (and hasn't cried since!)
The kids are already starting to make friends, which makes me happy.
Today after church, one of the ladies on the Worship team came up to me and asked me if I sang and played an instrument. I told her that I sing, and that I sang on the Worship team in San Diego. She invited me to come to the next rehearsal and join them. Am I just putting off a vibe that says how very much I miss it?! LOL
I feel like I can exhale now.
Oh, and the moral of this story? Don't completely form your opinion on something based on the website alone (have I told you about the church with the great website that I asked Jerry to please never take me to again?).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That's awesome! Glad you guys are getting plugged in...though there's always an empty place in the pew next to us.... ((hugs))
YAY!!!!!! that's great news
Post a Comment