This fall (late summer?) we will begin our 3rd year homeschooling. I'm already looking at curriculum and things I want to do for next year. Yes, already. I cannot WAIT for my Sonlight Catalog to get here! (oh no! Do they have my new address?) I'm trying to plan trips to Florida and Tennessee around the times when I can also go to a homeschool convention while I'm there visiting. Is that over the top?
Although my kids really enjoy being homeschooled, they aren't nearly as excited about next school year as I am. Not because of the content of what we'll be learning (American History!!), but because they can barely see beyond the current schoolwork staring them in the face. They are still kids, after all.
I am jumping the gun just a little, though, I have to admit. Because of our move last year and all the travel we had to do, we are a bit behind where we need to be. For all you teachers and moms of school-aged kids out there, we haven't even hit our 100th day yet. We're so behind I don't think we're going to be able to take a Spring Break. Either that, or we can start doing Saturday School. Oooo, now there's an idea!
No, as much as it would bring me such joy to end school before July, I don't think I'm willing to give up my only 'sleep in' day.
Maybe I can convince the kids to do it for just 5 Saturdays between now and then and we can finish before the July 4th celebrations! I'm sure that if one of them agreed (Blake), the other one would protest (Olivia).
It's still not going to stop me from making my lists and browsing websites in February, though.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Yup, it's 'bout that time! Don't kill yourself trying to get finished though (I'm preaching to myself here!)...just enjoy the journey!
E & R are on week 20, and J is on week 27, so we're doing ok...my concern is that the kids are going to finish their math books before the Expo, and I'll have to make up work for them to cover that time (I am NOT paying the exorbitant shipping costs!).
I hear that FPEA is a good conference. Lots of my friends from the forums go to it.
Well, the team is very busy with the next Sonlight catalog. It is coming... [smile].
~Luke
Can you tack on 10minutes a day more to the kids preparing what they want/ or will be doing the next school day? would that help fit it in. I'm not sure how long they do school each day but would 10minutes extra for 5days a week give you a bit of a chunk off?
Post a Comment