We moved into our house this past Monday, and for 5 days we’ve been learning what Grade A Jerks our packers were. I’ve got a few Navy Moves under my belt now, so I’m used to their craptastic way of packing, but nothing could have prepared either one of us for what we’ve been finding since moving in here. I’ll just share some highlights. When we moved to
On Tuesday night, Jerry is opening a box with a High Value label on it, which means the contents are high in value, how ingenious right? We knew that it was one of our computers because of the serial number markings on the outside. What we didn’t expect to find were our pot and pan lids, bottles of vinegar (yes you read that right), cooking oil, and various other liquids along with each component of the computer (printer, monitor, mouse and keyboard, and cpu) all wrapped in paper, individually for safety I should sarcastically add, shoved into one big box. Thankfully, there was no harm to the computer, that we can tell externally anyway; we haven’t hooked it up yet.
The next day I found our canned food! Yeah, they were in a box labeled “Bath Items” along with liquid medicines, the girls’ hair ties, and a container of carpet powder deodorizer (you know what I’m talking about, right? That stuff you sprinkle on your carpet before you vacuum.) Well, wouldn’t you guess, it busted open during the move. Now our pantry smells all nice and linen fresh.
I’ll stop complaining, but I will tell you that we still haven’t found the crib screws, and almost all the boxes have been opened. Luke has been sleeping in the pack-n-play. He’s not complaining.


2 comments:
Sorry, but I'm loling about the "craptastic" way your stuff was packed! You KNEW that that poor lone guy got a lot done in one day, and now you know why!
Well you got most of it there right? It could be worse they could have logged onto your internet and broke a futon
Post a Comment